Red Hot Lindy Hop is a vintage swing dance organization in Memphis, Tennessee. We hold weekly dances and month-long progressive classes featuring lindy hop, the original swing dance, plus charleston, balboa, and blues.
Lindy hop is a partner swing dance that originated in the 1920s and 30s in Harlem, New York City, and has spread worldwide since then. No matter your level of experience, we would love to have you at our dances and classes--no partner necessary!
News and Upcoming Events for February
- Our DJs and teachers for our Friday dances are:
- February 3: Teachers Jason and Ruth, DJ Ruth
- February 10: Teachers Ceasar and Rachel, DJ Alexis
- February 17: Teachers Martin and Bethany, DJ Bethany
- February 24: Teachers Phil and Joy, DJ Joy
I Charleston Memphis
Red Hot Lindy Hop has joined the I Charleston the World phenomenon by producing a video showcasing our local dancers performing at well-known locations around Memphis.