Red Hot Lindy Hop is a vintage swing dance organization in Memphis, Tennessee. We hold weekly dances and month-long progressive classes featuring lindy hop, the original swing dance, plus charleston, balboa, and blues.
Lindy hop is a partner swing dance that originated in the 1920s and 30s in Harlem, New York City, and has spread worldwide since then. No matter your level of experience, we would love to have you at our dances and classes--no partner necessary!
News and Upcoming Events for August and September
- We are bringing the Harlequin Jazz Band from Huntsville, Alabama to play for our Friday dance on August 26!
- Le Tumulte Noir is playing for our Friday dance on September 9!
- We are teaching introductory lindy hop in September at our Tiger Rag classes on Wednesday evenings!
- Our DJs and teachers for our Friday dances are:
- August 26: Teachers Ceasar and Monica, Music by the Harlequin Jazz Band and DJ Monica
- September 2: Teachers Jason and Angela, Music by DJ Ben
- September 9: Teachers Phil and Josey, Music by Le Tumulte Noir and DJ Josey
- September 16: Teachers Ceasar and Joy, Music by DJ Joy
- September 23: Teachers Todd and Brooke, Music by DJ Brooke
- September 30: Teachers Jaredan and Meghan, Music by DJ Meghan
I Charleston Memphis
Red Hot Lindy Hop has joined the I Charleston the World phenomenon by producing a video showcasing our local dancers performing at well-known locations around Memphis.