Red Hot Lindy Hop is a vintage swing dance organization in Memphis, Tennessee. We hold weekly dances and month-long progressive classes featuring lindy hop, the original swing dance, plus charleston, balboa, and blues.
Lindy hop is a partner swing dance that originated in the 1920s and 30s in Harlem, New York City, and has spread worldwide since then. No matter your level of experience, we would love to have you at our dances and classes--no partner necessary!
News and Upcoming Events for November
- We are hosting a special dance at Rhodes College featuring the Rhodes Jazz Band on Thursday, November 17!
- Our DJs and teachers for our Friday dances are:
- November 4: Teachers Jaredan and Angela, music by DJ Jaredan
- November 11: Teachers Jim and Bethany, music by the Side Street Steppers
- November 18: Teachers Martin and Josey, music by DJ Josey
- November 25: Teachers Ben and Stacey, music by DJ Ben
I Charleston Memphis
Red Hot Lindy Hop has joined the I Charleston the World phenomenon by producing a video showcasing our local dancers performing at well-known locations around Memphis.