Red Hot Lindy Hop is a vintage swing dance organization in Memphis, Tennessee. We hold weekly dances and month-long progressive classes featuring lindy hop, the original swing dance, plus charleston, balboa, and blues.
Lindy hop is a partner swing dance that originated in the 1920s and 30s in Harlem, New York City, and has spread worldwide since then. No matter your level of experience, we would love to have you at our dances and classes--no partner necessary!
News and Upcoming Events for October and November
- Elizabeth Wise is playing for our dance on Friday, October 14th!
- We are teaching introductory AND intermediate Lindy Hop in October at our Tiger Rag classes on Wednesday evenings!
- Our DJs and teachers for our Friday dances are:
- Sept 30: Teachers Jaredan and Josey, Music by DJ Jaredan
- Oct 7: Teachers Ben and Amanda, Music by DJ Ben
- Oct 14: Teachers Mike and Monica, Music by Elizabeth Wise and DJ Monica
- Oct 21: Teachers Ceasar and Erin, Music by DJ Alexis
- Oct 28: Teachers Phil and Anna, Music by DJ Anna
I Charleston Memphis
Red Hot Lindy Hop has joined the I Charleston the World phenomenon by producing a video showcasing our local dancers performing at well-known locations around Memphis.