Red Hot Lindy Hop is a vintage swing dance organization in Memphis, Tennessee. We hold weekly dances and month-long progressive classes featuring lindy hop, the original swing dance, plus charleston, balboa, and blues.
Lindy hop is a partner swing dance that originated in the 1920s and 30s in Harlem, New York City, and has spread worldwide since then. No matter your level of experience, we would love to have you at our dances and classes--no partner necessary!
News and Upcoming Events for January
- Our DJs and teachers for our Friday dances are:
- January 6: Dance canceled due to snow and ice.
- January 13: Teachers Jim and Anna, music by DJ Anna
- January 20: Teachers Todd and Camille, music by DJ Brooke
- January 27: Teachers Ben and Bethany, music by DJ Bethany (band breaks) with live music from Jeremy Shrader (Facebook event)
I Charleston Memphis
Red Hot Lindy Hop has joined the I Charleston the World phenomenon by producing a video showcasing our local dancers performing at well-known locations around Memphis.